Monday, February 11, 2013

Running Group 2013 - Week 4


Gearing up to run this week has been a bit challenging.  I haven't really been in the mood.  Lucky for me I have a running partner at work.  It helps to have that standing commitment and knowing someone is waiting on you.  We did two runs this week one hilly 4+ miles on Tuesday (in between rain storms) and another 3 miles.  After running, I felt a sense of accomplishment and glad I pushed myself to go.

Our long run this week was SEVEN miles.  When I talked to my trainer about it, she asked how I felt about running seven miles.  Basically, I was trying not to think about it.  I knew I ran six, two weeks before and once I find my zone, I'm good. 

My legs were very tired for basically the first two miles, but then I found my zone and was ok, not great, but ok.  The problem with this route was we ran past our starting point and had to run the lake which was another 1.5 miles.  I totally wanted to stop and walk, but luckily for me, my running partner pushed me through. 

One of the greatest things I saw this morning were all the high school kids running.  It makes me so happy to see them out and being active.  It's such a great sight! 

Here's a picture of me afterwards. Seven miles D-O-N-E with NO walking!


Stats:  7 Miles, 1 hr, 25 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment