Saturday, February 9, 2013

Running Group 2013 - Week 3

This week my friend posted a picture on Facebook of her husband.  This picture has stuck with me all week. 




Approximately 6 years ago he was in Iraq and injured by a roadside bomb.  He lost part of his leg and his world changed completely.  We all know he could have gone in two different directions in his life.  Fortunately, he chose to power through and be a successful triathlete.  He has several prosthetics to chose from and he gets up everyday and faces his challenges head on.  I am proud to call him and his wife my friends.

You know how you sometimes tend to be drawn to stories that are relevant to your life at a particular time?  The trend for me was "life is too short."  I am not injured, I don't have severe pain when I run (only minimal) and running agrees with my body.  I don't have to like it, but I do like the way I feel when I'm done.  I like looking back and thinking "I just ran Barnes hill" well, I mostly ran it.  Running isn't easy and my legs feel heavy but I just keep going.

My story this week is I run because I can....

Stats:  5 miles 62 minutes (very hilly route)

No comments:

Post a Comment