Friday, February 1, 2013

Running Group 2013 - Week 2

As I woke up and prepared for my six-mile run, all I could think about was how sore my legs are from my hilly run on Thursday.  In addition, the Wednesday workout definitely made the Thursday lunchtime run a little challenging.  It is like a spiral effect.  The past few weeks my number of days running has been cut back.  However, on the days I do run, my distance has increased.  In a way, I feel like I'm getting a little break.  Besides having tired legs, the new routine seems to be working.

One of my major challenges during my runs has been headphones.  I've been using the ones that came with my iPod, however, they aren't really made for running and this week I decided enough was enough. So I went on a hunt for headphones. Oh Lordy, are there a lot of options! I was determined not to spend a ton of money but felt overwhelmed with all the styles. I decided on these little guys for $29.99. Considering I saw some for over $100 I was satisfied with my decision. The best news is, they worked perfectly on my run today.


Today's run was a the perfect amount of hills.  I was a little intimidated by the distance and was convinced her calculations were wrong. I thought for sure it was farther than six miles. Turns out she was right.  I was able to run all but about one minute on this route.

Stats: 6 miles, 1hr, 12mins









No comments:

Post a Comment