Monday, July 4, 2011

Cool Corn Salad

Casey told me one year that he knows it's summer when the corn salad makes it's appearance.  Since this salad is served cold, I need the warmer temps and sunshine to bring out this salad.  I've made this so many times, I usually just guesstimate the amounts. 

This corn salad is a great accompaniment to any barbecue.  Goes great with steaks, salmon or hot dogs.  Enjoy!




Here's your ingredients:




Corn Salad
3 Cans White Shoepeg Corn
1 Cup Diced tomatoes
1/2 Cup Chopped green onions
1/2 Cup Mayo (I use light)
1 teaspoon seasoning salt

Serves 8 (with some leftover)

Drain the cans of corn and add to a bowl.  Add the chopped green onions and diced tomatoes to the corn.  I used grape tomatoes since I had them on hand, but any kind will do.  Add the seasoning salt and mayo.  Combine all the ingredients until the mayo is distributed.  Once combined, refrigerate for at least 2 hours until it's totally chilled.  I often put my cans of corn in the fridge so I start with chilled corn.  But keep in mind this still needs to sit for a little while so the ingredients can marinate.


No comments:

Post a Comment