Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July Camping

Camping is a very new activity for me.  I remember going camping once or twice as a kid, but it wasn't a regular thing for us.  On the other hand, Casey's family has gone camping for as long as he can remember.  My mother-in-law tells me stories about when she was a child and her and her siblings camped in tents with no bottoms on the tents.  That's just plan crazy!  I must say Grandma Alberta is an amazing woman and she created great memories for her kids.  That's what it's all about, right?  Creating great memories for our kids to pass on to their kids.

I love these pictures, we are doing crazy faces for for the camera. Trying to get everyone in sync is a little challenging sometimes.





I am learning to enjoy camping and watching my girls play.  I love the family time spent together.




In between all the rest and relaxing of course there is playtime.  After all, we do have two small kids, resting isn't really an option.






Thank you Grandma Bert for the gigantic marshmallows!




The girls came home with dirty toes, rosy cheeks and all the energy wiped out of them.  It was a successful camping trip. 

Our next trip is soon so stay tuned for more camping adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment