Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Morning Good-Byes

It's official, Miss Morgan is now embarrassed to give me a kiss good-bye in front of her daycare friends...

Our mornings are usually pretty hectic.  The best case scenario is get myself ready, get Morgan ready,then get Brooke ready and leave the house on time.  It usually doesn't happen that way, but it's a goal I stride for.  Once we are out the door things seem to happen like clock work.  On our ride to daycare, we chat about the day we will have, sing A LOT, and maybe even a little dancing.  I love looking in the back seat and seeing Morgan's latest dance moves.  Brooke often gets into it too.  Sometimes, she's even the first to start nodding her head.  We unload with all our "stuff" at daycare, take Brooke to her room and then I walk Morgan to her room.

It started slowly a few weeks ago when Morgan wouldn't even look up at me when she said "good bye".  It was like pulling teeth to get a hug.  After a few mornings, I finally realized what was happening and decided I needed to talk to Morgan about it.  I told her that I understand if she was embarrassed to give her mommy a kiss in front of all the kids.  If she wanted to say our "good-byes" in the hallway, I would understand.  I would just let her take the lead and should could let me know.  Well, we now say our "good-byes" in the hallway.


Hard to believe this little girl doing her pirate "eeerrrr" would be embarrassed to give mom a kiss.

Today while in the car the CD we were rocking out to was still playing (nope it wasn't Hannah Montana).  After a few minutes, it turned to a song called  "Never Grow Up".  Needless to say, the water works started and I instantly started thinking about how fast you are growing up. 

Morgan - At this moment in our lives, I am enjoying those special snuggles on the couch, watching you do a show for me, listening to you read to me and I will treasure those good bye kisses even if they are in the hallway. Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you're making the pregnant lady cry. Is it wrong to grab her and force her to hug and kiss you? Yeah, yeah, I know it is - good parenting and all that - but man, that must be SO HARD!

    ReplyDelete