Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sleeping Babies

From the first few weeks of Morgan coming into our lives, sleep had been a weekly if not daily topic in our household.  We have been talking about how many naps, how long was the nap and I think she needs a nap for years now.  We have pretty easy going girls but getting the hang of sleep, has definitely had it's challenges for me.  It has always been important for naps to be consistent and in their own bed.  I personally just feel that they sleep better.

When I first had my brand new baby, I remember hearing stories of two year olds still sleeping with mom and dad.  I was determined this wasn't going to happen to us.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my snuggle time, but it very seldom happen while we both slept.  And actually, I don't sleep very well when they are with me. Therefore, my sleeping beauties have always been tucked safe and sound into their own bed.

In the past few months Morgan has started putting two and two together that when daddy is on shift, mommy gets that big bed all to her self.  The days of using the distraction technique are long but gone with that girl.  Yes, I have given in to those big blue eyes when she says "can you think about it?" 

What she doesn't know is that this has now become a treat for mommy since she usually sleeps in a little longer on the weekends. 

Sweet Dreams Baby Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment