Monday, August 19, 2013

Only Slightly Crazy

I had trained hard for nearly 5 months for my first half marathon. I had my miles up and wanted to keep the momentum going. After a little coaxing I decided to sign up for the See Jane Run Half Marathon. It's a race geared towards females and it ends with wine and chocolate. Sounds perfect, right?



The reality was there was two months in between the two races. Therefore, I needed to continuing running to make sure I was in shape.  Sounds easy enough.  Luckily for Washingtonians the summer was finally here and the weather was warming up. Unfortunately, for me I trained in the cold and rain. Running in the heat was a lot harder. We were only able to complete two miles out of our typical 5 mile route. Trying different times of the day helped but working full time and with a family at home, I don't have a lot if spare time. Needless to say training took a backseat. 

The race started at 8a. Perfect for a day that's expected to be in the upper 80s. Ready or not I was about to start my second half marathon.  I was planning on absorbing the energy of the people to get me through and hopefully have a good time with my friends. 

The route was mostly flat and along the water in Seattle with 2 out and backs. The second one meant we ran past our starting point and turned around to come back and finish (YUCK). Those are torture for me.  Its like a mind game the route is playing with your head.  After walking only a couple of times we finally crossed the finish line.

I posted this picture on FB. I really was glad this race was over. 


Overall it was a great day. The pain is almost a distant memory. 




Not my best performance but an accomplishment nonetheless. My lesson in this...train train train. 

Stats: 13.1 miles 2:32:48 

No comments:

Post a Comment