Monday, December 12, 2011

A Day of Motivation

It's been two years since I've had my second baby and I'm still holding strong onto that baby weight.  There have been moments when I catch a glimpse of myself and in the mirror and think "whoa, I look pregnant!"  I have great intentions and I think I know all the "answers" I only need time to accomplish my goal. 

I find myself often running around during my lunch hour.  It seems I always have some place to go, and I usually just say "I'm running errands."  It's so much easier for me to run into a store by myself than to take both kids with me.  Me "running errands" once in a while has turned into an everyday chore which is now accompanied with eating on the run.

In an effort to slow down a bit, I have been bring my lunch to work and staying in.  Not everyday, but a few days a week.  It is December after all, I don't dare take the kids to the mall with me.  Today as I watched the lunch hour get closer and closer, I noticed the sky getting bluer and bluer.  I thought to myself, I should go for a walk at lunch.  I quietly ate my lunch, checked emails and looking for an excuse to quickly run out of time to go for a walk.  I decided to see what was happening on Pinterest.  This is the image that first popped up. 

No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

As I scrolled along to see what else all the "pinners" were up to, I couldn't help but think about this quote.  I looked at my watch and with a half hour left for lunch I headed outside.

I always know how I'll feel after I get my blood moving it's just getting past that hurdle I needed help with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment