Friday, June 3, 2011

You're Awesome - PART TWO

The main purpose for going to the Fun Run was to help out my favorite little Kindergartner.  Remember she has been talking about it for the two weeks leading up to the run.  She gets very excited knowing that I am coming to the school.  How could I say "no" to this face?



As part of their gearing up, the kids made a special banner to parade into the gym with.

Since I was busy helping mark the kid's cards, I wasn't able to take many pictures.  Fortunately, it was a day off for Grandma Diana so she came to help cheer on the kids (and take a few pictures too).  Thanks Diana!!!
 
Morgan is in the first row, second from left
Everyone pose for the camera!  Have you ever watched a kindergarten teacher wrangle 20+ kids for a group picture?  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Ready, set, run!!!




Her group ran for about 20 minutes.  About half way through, Morgan got a pretty sore tummy.  As many of you know, we take Morgan's tummy pains pretty serious (maybe another post about that story).  But after a brief rest and some cold water, she was back at it.


The final reward was a popsicle and a special ribbon.   Good Job Honey!!!

Check out my original post regarding the Fun Run You're Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment