Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mommy's Special Day


The week leading up to Mother's Day, has been a very exciting time for Morgan.  All week she asked if I can hardly wait for my special day.  She worked on an art project at school and also at daycare.  On Friday, Morgan says to me "the day after tomorrow is your special day".  This little lady has such an amazing, caring and thoughtful sole.  I love this about her!



Yes, I agree, Morgan looks so grown up in this picture.

On this Mother's Day I woke to quiet whispers on the other side of the bed.  Morgan knew it was Mother's Day; her and daddy had a plan.   I laid there quietly pretending to sleep and didn't want to spoil their plans.  They quietly snuck out of the house to get mommy her favorite coffee drink.  After they left, I laid in bed and listened to the quiet house.  A few moments later, through the baby monitor, I could hear Brooke starting to stir.  Next I hear "mommy", and again "mommy".   As I enter her room, she sits up and says "Hi", it's gonna be a good day!

After a leisurely morning at home, we venture to mamma's house.  As a special treat all the arts and crafts were scattered over the table.  What a great day to let Brooke play with some finger paints for the first time.




Her favorite word these days is "more".  More of anything will work for her.  This afternoon it was more paint.  She was able to knock out six masterpieces in a matter of 5 minutes.  This was about all she could handle and was in need of a new outfit.

Morgan was developed into quite a little artist this past year.  Kindergarten has really inspired her creativity and patience with art.


Morgan's gift for me was individual greeting cards all decorated with a different picture.  The large package was decorated just like the American Flag (and I even got a matching card).  They are just so sweet and perfect.  I want to share and use them but at the same time, tuck them away into a safe spot and treasure them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment