Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

It was a rare New Year's Day in our house. Casey actually had the day off - woo hoo! I've been wanting to go to the painted plate in downtown Olympia for awhile now but wanted to wait until Brooke was a little older.  Since we all had the day off what fun would it be to go on New Year's Day? 

It was a good thing I made reservations they were busy! When we got there our table was all set up and ready to go. First, we needed to pick out a piece of pottery to work with. This was a little overwhelming for the girls. They wanted to do it all! I quickly decided I needed to keep it simple - we would ALL do a plate. 
Next, what type if design? They have so many ideas on the walls. The assortment of colors was amazing. So many options! 




Morgan decided on a peace sign pattern and Brooke went for a heart. The girls had so much fun. Brooke was a little crazy with all the excitement and it took some reeling in but we managed. 



Casey even got into it and decided on a seashell theme. I attempted to do some dots but they look more like clouds. 

I really enjoyed our family time together and will treasure the pieces we made forever.  My only suggestion would be to only let the kids do a piece. They needed a lot of assistance and it was difficult to complete my own piece. After all it's really their work that I will want to keep forever. 



Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment